Effective Date: 10th August 2023
When you book a pitch, or use any online form on our website we need to know your contact details. We gather this information to allow us to process your request. In addition to our glamping pods, we run a member-only caravan site, for which we need to check if you are a current member of the Caravan And Motorhome Club in order to stay with us. We ask if you have any medical or other special needs because we try to make sure that we have a suitable pitch for those in need.
Our bookings are processed using www.AnytimeBooking.co.uk which uses GDPR-compliant systems.
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information that you provide directly to us, such as:
- Contact Information: Name, email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Reservation Details: Information related to your site reservation, including dates, group size, and special requests.
- Payment Information: Credit card or other payment information for processing payments.
- Emergency Contact Information: Details of individuals to contact in case of emergency during your stay.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information we collect for various purposes, including:
- Processing and managing campsite reservations and payments.
- Communicating with you regarding your reservation, updates, and special offers.
- Providing customer support and responding to inquiries.
- Ensuring the safety and security of all site visitors.
- Complying with legal obligations.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information as follows:
- Service Providers: Third-party service providers who assist in providing our services, such as the Caravan and Motorhome Club, payment processing firms, customer support, marketing contractors, computer developers or repairers who are working on our website or computers, and people looking-after our site whilst we are away on our own holidays.
- Legal Requirements: When required by law or in response to legal process, including lawful requests from public authorities.
- Business Transfers: In connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal information may be transferred.
- Emergencies: if we have a major emergency whilst you are staying with us, where you require medical treatment and are not able to give your contact details to medical professionals.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purpose of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our service, and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to:
- Access your personal information and receive a copy of it.
- Correct any inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Withdraw consent where we rely on consent as the legal basis for processing.
- Request the erasure of your personal information (right to be forgotten) under certain circumstances.
- Object to the processing of your personal information in certain situations.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard it.
Secure Online Payments
Our website is secure and we use a secure platform called www.Stripe.com to process online payments. We do not store credit card, debit card or bank account details etc.
We give you the option of joining a mailing list for our very occasional newsletter sent via e-mail. This will be issued no more than 4 times per year. This will be sent via specialised software to ensure that your email address is kept private.
You may opt-out of the newsletter at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link within the newsletter.
A Cookie is a small text file stored on your computer. The Cookie set by our web site can only be read by our web site and will not expose you to any security risks. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used: this is perfectly safe and doesn’t affect the performance of your computer in any way. It does mean that if you’re using the same computer we can potentially recognise you when you re-visit our web site.
Erasing your information
If, at any time, you wish to have your information removed from our active database, please telephone us on 01691 622951 or send us an email to Holiday@BirchHill.co.uk.